The Best Gluten Free S'mores Cookies!
Just 5 simple ingredients with the option to add a sixth and voila you have a yummy s'mores cookie without the fire.
- 1 package gluten free chocolate cake mix (Hodgson Mill brand worked well)
- 3/4 cup gluten free mini marshmallows (Dandies brand but prefer Campfire brand)
- 3/4 cup gluten free graham crackers, crushed (Kinnikinnick foods brand worked well because they are a denser cracker that held up to baking)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup gluten free chocolate chips *optional, I like Enjoy Life brand
1. Combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs. Then fold in the marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate chips if you are using them. (The batter may look dry, but it is fine)
2. Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to scoop our a golf ball size of cookie dough, roll in your hands to form a ball (helps keep the ingredients in the dough) and transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 C) for 10-12 minutes.
I made a rookie mistake and mixed all of the ingredients at once. Don't do it! It makes it really difficult to blend the wet ingredients in with all of the dry.
They are very sweet, so if you want to tone that down, don't add the chocolate chips.