Just so you know, we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We have a full affiliate disclosure that you can find under here. I am not a doctor, lawyer, psychiatrist, therapist, or your mother, and I don’t play one on the internet. NO information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition.
What is Celiac’s Disease?
Things I already knew about Celiac Disease
- You can’t eat anything with gluten in it
- You can “cure” it with food. That is to say, if you don’t eat gluten, you will heal your innards.
Things I did not know about Celiac Disease
- It is an Autoimmune Disorder
- Gluten is in a whole lot more than bread (like it’s in E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G, or at least it seems that way)
- It is hereditary (No one in my family or my husbands (he has the genetic marker for it) had symptoms have been diagnosed with CD)
- That when my daughter ate gluten, it was basically grinding down the villi (small finger-like projections that allow you to absorb nutrients in your small intestine) and my daughter wasn’t getting the proper nutrition she needed
- That some Celiacs are more sensitive than others
- Life was going to get really sucky and then everything would work itself out
Now that you know what Celiac’s Disease is, what is the next step for you? For me, it was to learn more about what an Autoimmune Disorder was.